Eyeliner, A Book, Candy, A Toy, and Bread {Five Favorites}

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Jenna's hosting Five Favorites now!  So fun!  Here's what I'm loving this week:

--1--

This eyeliner

Maybelline New York Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner, Blackest Black 501, 0.05 Fluid Ounce

I've tried a lot of different liquid eyeliners and had problems with them - my hand isn't steady enough to make a clean line on the first try, and then it's so permanent that I can't smudge it to cover up the mistake!  I love this stuff - I got it as a free sample with some mascara a while back, and it's perfect for a liquid eyeliner novice like me.

The brush is a little flexible, so it's easy to get a nice even line that's close to the lashline without pulling at the skin.  And it smudges easily in the first few minutes if you need to cover up any mistakes.  It helps me feel SUPER put-together especially when it's my (number omitted) day without showering and I'm looking less-than-fresh.

Love it!  It's definitely coming in the hospital bag with me.

--2--

Babies

Well, not actual babies.  Not that they're not great too...  But this was one of my favorite books when I was a kid (I remember teaching myself to read with it) and the kids all adore it, too.  I heard the girls giggling about what the "Mary Claire baby" and the "Elizabeth baby" were doing yesterday, and I found Cecilia "reading" to them from one of my all-time favorites.  I love Gyo Fujikawa!
Out-of-focus children?  Check!  Focused mess?  Check!  Way to go.
Oh and there's a Baby Animals book too???  Totally getting it for the twins for birthday/Christmas!

--3--

Peanut Butter Cups

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures, 40 Ounce Package

I was SERIOUSLY craving these the other day and then Andrew's awesome co-worker sent him home with a bag of Reese's pieces and then the next day with a bag of the unwrapped minis.  YUM!

So then on Saturday when I was home alone with Mary Claire (Andrew took the other 3 hiking and I was like, "I can totally do that!!!" and then remembered that I can barely cross a parking lot without having contractions...) I decided to get ambitious and walk to the drugstore for eyeshadow and candy.  So classy, right here.  And so worth it.

I kind of love that these are individually wrapped because it keeps me from eating too many.  They're currently residing in my underwear drawer so that the kids don't notice them (except that Cecilia insists on picking out my underwear most days and has already asked about them...  "Oh, that's the bag my eyeshadow was in!" Which is not a lie because my eyeshadow WAS in that grocery bag, too!)

--4--
Fisher-Price Little People City Skyway

Fisher-Price Little People City Skyway

I got this free to review from Bzzagent a few weeks ago and have been waiting to see if it lasts in the house - the kids adore it!  It's HUGE (taller than both the twins) and very plastic, so it will probably make its way to the basement once it loses its luster...  But none of the kids are "car lovers" and they all love playing with this ramp!  It came with two cars, so they've had to practice sharing a LOT.  And the characters are named Kobe and Tessa, so Elizabeth immediately christened Kobe "Kobe Jack Cheese" and it makes me laugh every. time.

--5--

This bread


Theresa posted a bunch of her favorite fall recipes yesterday which helped me a LOT with the fact that I had nothing planned for dinner!  I ended up making potato corn chowder (no recipe because I wing it, sorry!) and figured I'd try a new bread recipe and see if it ended up crusty enough for my liking.


It did!  Hurrah!  Normally I get the Costco baguettes and freeze them in dinner-sized portions so we always have fresh-ish bread to go with soup.  But this is a LOT cheaper, with similar results, and so easy that John Paul could probably do it on his own if I were willing to let him consume flour by the cup...

You might need to tweak the flour amounts - I did the 1/3 recipe last night and had to add 1/4 cup water, and then I made a full batch this morning and needed to add 1/2 cup flour.  Just eyeball it and pay attention to the pictures in the original post!

What's on your favorites list right now?  Go link up with Jenna!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan